Infection Control Notice
In view of the cluster of pneumonia cases in Wuhan of Hubei, China, the Centre of Health Protection (CHP) announced that “the Preparedness and Response Plan for Novel Infectious Disease of Public Health Significance” is elevated from “Serious” to “Emergency” level on 25 January 2020. Our Hospital has accordingly stepped up the Preparedness and Response Plan to “Emergency” level. All patients and visitors must abide by the following infection control measures and cooperate with the medical and nursing staff:
- Perform HAND HYGIENE before entering and leaving the Hospital.
- Wear SURGICAL MASK when entering hospital area.
- Avoid visiting patients if you have RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS, such as fever, cough, sore throat or dyspnea.
In view of the infection control recommendations made by CHP on the latest situation of novel coronavirus, HKBH has revised the visiting measure as below till further notice:
- Visiting hours: 18:30-20:00 (Only 2 visitors at a time)
- Visitors must take temperature before entering ward/unit and must wear a mask. If visitors have fever, ILI symptoms, they should not enter the ward/unit.
Hong Kong Baptist Hospital
4 February 2020