Gastroenterology & Hepatology Centre
An increasing number of Hong Kong people are suffering from various digestive diseases including indigestion, gastroesophageal reflux disease, colorectal cancer and liver disorder. The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Centre (GHC) of Hong Kong Baptist Hospital offers high quality medical services for treating different kinds of digestive diseases. Through the use of latest technologies such as endoscopic ultrasonography, and working with other related specialties such as minimally invasive surgery and radiology, the Centre is dedicated to provide quality-guaranteed and holistic treatment for patients who suffer from complex digestive diseases.
- Diagnosis and treatment for various gastrointestinal diseases – including long-term epigastric pain, gastroesophageal reflux disease, chronic diarrhea and constipation
- Diagnosis and treatment for hepatitis and various liver diseases – including chronic hepatitis B and C infection, fatty liver disease, assessment of liver cirrhosis and related complications
- Advanced endoscopic diagnosis and treatment for various digestive diseases – including diagnosis of digestive cancers and lung cancer, endoscopic resection of early gastrointestinal tract tumours, endoscopic placement of metallic stent to relieve digestive tract and biliary tract obstruction, diagnosis and treatment of small bowel diseases
- 24-hour urgent endoscopic treatment for various gastrointestinal emergencies – including treatment of acute peptic ulcer bleeding, treatment of acute cirrhosis related variceal bleeding, acute lower gastrointestinal tract bleeding, foreign body ingestion and endoscopic treatment of acute cholangitis
- Comprehensive screening for various digestive cancers – including early gastric cancer, colonic cancer and pancreatic cancer
- Noninvasive, painless oesophageal, small bowel and large bowel capsule endoscopy examination
Equipment and Facilities
- Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) System
Narrow Band Imaging is an advanced technology in endoscopy in which doctors will examine the alimentary tract by both white light and narrow band light sources that reveal the minute changes in the mucous membrane and vasculature. It facilitates the detection of early pathological changes and cancer.
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS)
EUS combines the functions of endoscopy with high frequency internal ultrasound examination. The ultrasound instrument is put deep inside the patient’s body and can be directed closely to the suspected lesion. Therefore, the diagnostic accuracy is much higher than the other imaging technologies, especially in the study of pancreatic, biliary and gastrointestinal tract lesions. EUS is now widely used in treating various diseases including digestive diseases, surgical and oncological diseases, as well as chest medicine (lung cancer staging). Under real time EUS monitoring, experienced endoscopists can perform Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) to obtain tissues from organs for cytological and histological analysis to confirm the diagnosis of early cancer or metastases. It is particularly useful in staging of cancer diseases.
- Other Facilities
Including but not limited to high definition video endoscopy system, capsule endoscopy and single balloon enteroscopy system for diagnosing and treating complex small bowel diseases.
|Monday to Friday||10:00am to 1:00pm
3:00pm to 6:00pm
|Saturday||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Sunday and Public Holidays||Closed|
For enquiries and appointments, please contact us at: (By appointment only)
Liver Screening Programme
|Items||Liver Screening Programme|
|Hepatitis B Carrier Screening Program|
|Specialist Doctor Consultation||√|
|Laboratory Tests & Medical Imaging|
|Alpha Feotal Protein||√|
|Liver Function Test||√|
|HBeAg ( Antigen )||√|
|HBeAb ( Antibody )||√|
*Package Price will be offered on the health screening day, please call our centre for details.