Hong Kong Baptist Hospital offers 24-hour peri-operative anaesthetic service to patients undergoing surgical and medical procedure. We aim to provide a safe environment for all our patients.
Scope of Services
- Pre-operative anaesthetic assesement
- Anaesthesia for elective and emergency operation
- Monitored Anaesthetic Care (MAC) for surgical/ medical procedure
- Acute Pain Management
- Epidural Service for Obstetrics patient with labour pain
- In-hospital Resuscitation
- Intensive Care Consultation for venous/ arterial access, ventilator care and airway management
- Intra-hospital and Inter-hospital transfer of patients
- Chronic Pain Management
- Pre-operative assessment – Anaesthesiologist will check on the patient’s health condition, current medication and past anaesthesia experience, and followed by a discussion on the anaesthetic technique. Patient’s consent for anaesthesia will be obtained at the same time.
- During operation – Anaesthesiologist will stay in the operation theatre, monitor closely to ensure patient’s safety
- Post-operation – The anaesthesiologist will continue to look after the patient until he/she has recovered from the anaesthesia in the Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
Please bring along the following to the clinic:
- All medications that you are currently taking, whether tablets, injections, inhalation puffs, drops or creams, and
- Whether prescribed by your doctor or not
- Any relevant X-rays, CT/ MRI scans or other investigations
- Any relevant letters or test results from other doctors
- Past medical records
Please click on the following button to watch the video “Anaesthesia and You” to understand more about the patient’s hospital stay during the surgical procedure.
|Monday – Friday||10:00am to 6:00pm|
|Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays||Closed|
For enquiries and appointments, please contact us at: (By appointment only)