Breast Care Centre
Breast cancer is the most common female cancer in Hong Kong, it is estimated that one in every 16 women* has breast cancer. With a collaborative team comprising experienced specialists in surgery, oncology, radiology, pathology and nuclear medicine, plastic surgery, breast care nurses, chaplains and breast cancer patient support group, the Breast Care Centre of Hong Kong Baptist Hospital dedicates to provide expert screening, diagnosis, disease management, pre- and post-operative care as well as counseling through a multidisciplinary approach.
Screening is recommended in the detection and diagnosis of breast cancer in early stage. The Centre is equipped with a range of sophisticated imaging machines, screening by these advanced technologies and analysis by our experienced radiologists ensure an accurate diagnosis of conditions in early stage to reduce suffering and enhances recovery.
Some of our facilities include:
- Full Field Digital Mammography
- 3D Mammography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound Breast Imaging
- fine needle aspiration
- core biopsy
- hookwire localization biopsy
- Breast Cancer
- In general, around 90% lump in breasts are benign**, some are yet malignant which grow in an uncontrolled way and damage normal breast tissues. Cancer may also spread to the other parts of the body through blood or lymph vessels.
- Benign Breast Conditions
- One-stop diagnosis, treatment and advice are available to patients who have benign breast conditions like including fibroadenoma, cysts, breast pain and so forth.
- Breast Cancer
Breast health awareness is of paramount importance in preventing and combating breast cancer, therefore we actively provide essential information and education to promote breast health.
*According to the 2015 statistics published by Hong Kong Cancer Registry, Hospital Authority
**Hong Kong Cancer Fund’s “PINK REVOLUTION” breast cancer awareness website (http://www.cancer-fund.org/pink2009)
|Monday to Friday||10:00am to 1:00pm
3:00pm to 6:00pm
|Saturday||10:00am to 1:00pm|
|Sunday & Public Holidays||Closed|
For enquiries and appointments, please contact us at: (By appointment only)
What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is the most common female cancer in Hong Kong, it was recorded over 3900 women were diagnosed of breast cancer in 2015*. It is estimated that one in every 14 women* has breast cancer. Moreover, there is an increasing incidence of breast cancer among the younger age group. In general, most of the lumps (around 90%) in breasts are benign**, some are yet malignant which grow in an uncontrolled way and damage normal breast tissues. Cancer may also spread to the other parts of the body through blood or lymph vessels.
Early detection of breast cancer enables easier treatment and higher chance of recovery. It is advised that women should perform regular physical breast examination. Whenever unusual signs are detected, which include hardening, distortion of shape and size of breast or nipple, secretion, or abnormal pain, please consult a medical specialist immediately.
* According to the 2015 statistics published by Hong Kong Cancer Registry, Hospital Authority
Breast Screening Promotion Package
|Specialist Doctor Consultation||1|
- Breast Screening Package is not suitable for women who have history of breast surgery (included of Breast Plastic Surgery) and women with symptoms. Please call our Breast Care Centre for more information.
- There will be additional fees and time for optional / additional items, if biopsy and procedures are required for abnormal condition.