Hong Kong, 23 March 2017 – Hong Kong Baptist Hospital (HKBH) is again awarded the 15 Years Plus Caring Organisation Logo by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service. This is the 15thconsecutive year since 2002 that our Hospital has been honoured with the award for having demonstrated good Corporate Social Responsibility in aspects of Caring for the Communities, Caring for the Employees and Caring for the Environment.
Dr Alex Wai Yin YU, CEO of HKBH, expressed that it is extremely encouraging to see the Hospital’s efforts being recognised for 15 consecutive years. He said, “Hong Kong Baptist Hospital will continue to support and create a caring culture for staff and the community as well as for the environment. The winning of this award is a manifestation of our teamwork in the fulfillment of our mission in Corporate Social Responsibility.”
Dr Alex Wai Yin YU, CEO (second from the left), Ms Grace WONG, General Manager (second from the right), Ms Yuk Sim CHAN, CNO (first from the right), and Ms Annie LEE, CFO (first from the left) are pleased to see the efforts being recognised, and are entitled to devote more resources to care for the society, the staff as well as the environment.
Over the past 5 years, the Hospital has worked profoundly in contributing to the society through 3 core areas, and that the efforts have been well acclaimed. Apart from offering free medical checks, participation in charity events, saving the environment, we also highly value our staff and are dedicated to providing them a safe and cheerful working environment. Some of the highlights include:
Caring for the Communities
- Partnered with The Department of Health in supporting Organ Donation Campaign to actively promote the notion of bringing new life through organ donation;
- Participated in the 24th Green Power Hike for a Green Future to advocate environmental education and championed at the 10 km race;
- Offered Charity Children Eye Check to a total of 128 underprivileged children aged 4 to 12 years old;
- Offered FREE bone scans for patients who were referred from HA’s long waiting list since 2011 which benefited a total of 500 patients so far;
- Offered 250 FREE hearing tests for senior citizens aged 65 or above in supporting the Appreciate Hong Kong campaign;
- Formed corporate team and raised funds for Run for Paralympians for two consecutive years;
- As an active member of Choi Wan Good Neighbours Health Network through hosting activities such as repair of medical devices talk, toy hospital, and producing micro films, to provide holistic care which benefited over 1,000 children and parents within the community.
Caring for the Employees
- Commended as “Distinguished Family-Friendly Employers”, “Family-Friendly Employers”, and “Special Mention” at the 2015/2016 Family-Friendly Employers Award Scheme, co-organised by the Home Affairs Bureau and the Family Council, as a recognition of our outstanding achievements;
- Awarded again as “Good MPF Employee Award 2015/2016” by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority for providing better retirement benefits for our employees other than fulfilling the responsibility under the law;
- Awarded “Employer of Choice Award” and “Work-life Balance Award” by JobMarket for our tremendous performance in overall management, and demonstrating positive impact on staff satisfaction, motivation, or productivity respectively.
Caring for the Environment
- As the first hospital in Hong Kong to be awarded “CLP Green Plus Gold Award 2016” under the Public Organisation, Utility & University category;
- Received the “Excellent Award in Domestic Waste Minimisation” at Hospital Management Asia 2016 Congress;
- Participated in Earth Hour 2016 by turning off non-essential lights for one hour;
- Subscribed to World Wide Fund (WWF) as corporate member to promote environmental protection.
Hong Kong Baptist Hospital is committed to serving the community with the mission of “In the Service of Man, For the Glory of God”. For details about the Hospital’s CSR programmes, please visit http://www.hkbh.org.hk//corporate-social-responsibility/