Endoscopy & Endosonography Centre
Endoscopy refers to the procedure of putting an endoscope (tube or capsule) into patient’s body through natural openings (mouth or anus) for screening, diagnosis and treatment of various gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases. Patients with various gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary, pancreatic and pulmonary diseases can be easily treated by non-surgical endoscopic methods.
The Hong Kong Baptist Hospital Endoscopy and Endosonography Centre is staffed by a team of experienced doctors and specially trained nurses to deliver professional endoscopy services. Presently, the Centre has 14 endoscopy procedure rooms, including a negative pressure room for bronchoscopy examination.
The procedure rooms are equipped with blue light which help in displaying the image with high quality through the monitor and provide optimal environment for better patient outcome.
Patients with hectic schedules can choose day ward or outpatient service instead of over-night stayed inpatient service. The Endoscopy & Procedure Centre on the 3/F of Block A operates with optimal day ward workflow, so that patients can arrange examination flexibly.
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS) System, endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) system, capsule endoscopy system for non-invasive oesophageal, small bowel and colonic examination, and a single balloon enteroscopy system for treating complex cases of small bowel diseases.
- High definition video endoscopy system and narrow band imaging (NBI) system for making early diagnosis of gastrointestinal cancer. The advanced endoscopy system and new endoscope generate refined image with better quality for precise diagnosis and effective treatment.
- EndoCapture System which empowered doctors to capture high definition images by pressing the preset control button on the endoscope only during examination. The report can be easily produced with quick analysis of patient’s condition.
Scope of Services
- Upper gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach and duodenum) endoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Small bowel endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy (oesophagus, small bowel and large bowel)
- Endoscopic hemostasis for peptic ulcer bleeding and gastroesophageal variceal bleeding
- Removal of polyp (polypectomy), stricture dilatation, stenting for palliation of malignant obstruction and so forth
- ERCP and sphincterotomy for biliary and pancreatic stones extraction, stenting to relieve biliary obstruction, brushing to obtain tissue diagnosis and so forth
- EUS guided fine needle aspiration for cytological and tissue diagnosis of various gastrointestinal tract, pancreatic and lung cancer diseases
- EUS and endobronchial ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration for lung cancer staging
- Endoscopic mucosectomy and submucosal dissection for the treatment of early gastrointestinal cancer disease
|Monday to Saturday||7:30am to 5:00pm|
|Sunday||7:30am to 1:00pm|
Emergency endoscopy service is available. Please contact the on-duty nurse for arrangement in advance.
* For referral cases, please call our Endoscopy and Endosonography Centre for more information.
For enquiries and appointments, please contact: (By Appointment Only)